Wednesday 31 May 2017

ROMANCE IS IN THE AIR...



He had kind eyes; deep set and piercing; the kind a girl could get lost in. His skin was the color of ebony; dark and polished.
He reached across the table and took my hand in his, his thumb stroking the
back of my hand as he said, "Whatever will make you happy. Any thing at all,
just say the word".

My heart thudded in my chest as my bewildered gaze clashed with his. He meant every word, I  realised. Sparks flew, my breath caught in my throat.

Then just as my lips parted to say something, my alarm blared rudely in  my ear.
It was another Wednesday morning and Ebony had been a dream. 
Sigh. 
Aluta continua...

No comments:

Post a Comment

KARMA IS FEMALE

 The last time I was in Lagos was for a one day conference and I was privileged to be there as Rapporteur.  I reserved my return ticket for ...